Search This Blog

Friday, April 10, 2015

Powers In The World 2

H. P. Lovecraft's Ancient God Cthulhu Arises from his Lair



Some people have taken me to task for my post on powers, thinking I believed in spirits, ghosts, and demons and angels and ancient gods, somewhat like Cthulhu as pictured above.

Since I have exhaustively said that I do not "believe in" God, I am amazed.

I expect God. If I go around the corner, God is there. It is not a matter of belief. Beliefs can be mistaken. God's presence is not mistaken.
I really dislike what people call "belief systems".

What Carl Jung called Synchronicity, I call Fate or Bona Fortuna. Or I may ignore it.
One thing I do not do is "believe in" it, nor do I disbelieve in it.

To get me to believe or disbelieve, I have to be engaged in whatever it is that is under discussion.

I do not discuss God's existence, so I am not engage in that trivial pursuit.
It is the first axiom of my worlding: my being-in-the-world is subject to being shot through by the occasional divine, leaving my head spinning. It ain't a belief. It is the real deal.

Powers, too, are the real deal. I can believe... or not, as the mood takes me.
One thing I tell you, I pay close attention to Powers.

Water is a Power. Something like -what? - 80% of our bodies is water, is it not? It is a basis of life as we know it.
A Power, in other words.

In Indian Country Today, we read:
Debra White Plume Fights for Sacred Water—With a Film. Want to See It?
Natalie Hand 4/2/15
http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2015/04/02/debra-white-plume-fight-sacred-water-film-want-see-it-159857

For many people on this planet, water is taken for granted. They turn on their faucet and expect clean drinking water every time. But what if you turned on your tap and nothing came out? Or what did come out was discolored or flammable?

Until you’re faced with this reality, you may feel that it’s not your problem. Guess what? It is your problem! And mine, and every Tom, Juan, and Sven’s on this planet.

Debra White Plume (Wioweya Najin Win), Executive Director of Owe Aku, is an Oglala Lakota grandmother and water rights activist who is taking on Cameco, the world’s largest producer of uranium, near her homeland on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, in South Dakota.

White Plume’s call to action has prompted a series of non-violent direct action trainings around North America to prepare people to rise up and stand strong to protect our most precious commodity—sacred water...
So... "sacred". You believe water is sacred?
80% of you screams out that it is so.

Peter Brabek of Nestle Co has been in the news about claiming that water is not a basic human right. That view, he claims, was a distortion.

The matter is summed up in a Huffington article:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/george-mcgraw/nestle-chairman-peter-brabeck-water_b_3150150.html
... Mr. Brabeck insists that by assigning water a price, we'll become more aware of just how precious it really is. Like him or not, he's right to point out how desperately out of touch we've become.

But I think that this underscores the point at which free markets break down, for we have assigned famously and historically a price in human lives and suffering to Peace and War, and we have found the bulls are for War!

--

No comments: