Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2016

Hiatus



I have gotten tired of the word "hiatus".
I mean, all the blogs I view whose authors have neglected their postings usually have a self-serving notice that they've been busy or they've been on hiatus or are soon gonna be on hiatus or are fixin' to go on hiatus.

I've been on hiatus for a bit merely because I have lost interest in my thoughts and ideas. If they do not interest me, I certainly am not going to serve my Peloponnesian ideas up to you like some ghastly feast of Tantalus....

Mangia!

--

note:

Why is "Peloponnesian" spelled with a double "n"?
 I mean, "Pelops: is the guy's name, and "nesos" for "island" has but one single "n".

I thought maybe the genitive of Pelops might have an "n" and I'll have to look it up, but most -ops words don't have an "n" pop up in the genitive... I think.


No comments: