Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

How Old?




How old am I?

Well, I remember Frantic Freddie Cannon, and I do not think people now would think he was "frantic".

I also grew up on Little Richard, and I first saw him in 1956. And his Long Tall Sally puts everything else to shame. I might mention I was "into" Little Richard in 1956 or thereabouts.

We won't even mention Fats Domino............... who is endless....

I do not quite get how these guys came together.


--
ps.

I also remember seeing LaVerne Baker singing Jim Dandy !  And I can't remember the MC, but it was cool in Detroit, 1956, Fox Theater.


1 comment:

gil said...

Back in 1972, when I worked for KRTH, the first "oldies but goldies" revival station, I interviewed both Little Richard (memorable) and Freddy"Boom Boom" Cannon (forgettable). I tried to get Fats Domino, but he couldn't step foot in California due to unpaid alimony. But I did interview his erstwhile namesake, Chubby Checker (close, but no cigar).